Monday, January 31, 2011

She's SIX!

Oh my heart! Today I took a six year old to school. I am not sure how we got here so fast. When I was looking through pictures for the collage I kept thinking I remember that just like it happened a little bit ago instead of years ago.

Elise came into this world January 31, 2005 at 5:32pm weighing 7 lbs 4 oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. Today six years later she weighs 43 lbs 4 oz and is 43 inches tall.

She is growing into a wonderful little girl. She is so hard working, eager to please, and has a very compassionate heart. It brings a smile to my face when her sentences begin with "Mom, did you know..." She has a knack for getting her baby sister to belly laugh harder than anyone else. When asked if she would rather have a big sister than be a big sister her immediate and proud response, "I like being the big sister."

We are so blessed that God has given her to us! Happy 6th Birthday, Elise!

2 comments:

The AB club said...

I forgot how dark her hair was. I never would have connected that baby picture to her. They do grow up so very fast

Sara said...

Happy birthday to a beautiful girl!