Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sickingly Thankful

Here are the top ten reasons why I can be sick and thankful

1. Insurance
2. She is not acting sick!
3. We have a pediatrician that listens to my mommy instincts when I bring in a healthy child saying she has strep and croup.
4. She is not acting sick or whiny!
5. I can watch the missed bible study video online.
6. Did I mention she is not acting sick or clingy!
7. My husband called from work to check on us.
8. Still not acting sick.. if you don't count the barking cough!
9. Library videos allow me some time not spent entertaining my sick kid who stayed home from preschool today.
10. One last time... she is not acting sick!

3 comments:

Stacy said...

One time Camryn's only symptom was a fever...only about 100 - 101...not terrible. But we were on day three...and it had been the ONLY symptom...no whining or complaining or slowing down...nothing. But then I noticed a bumpy rash on her tummy, so I finally took her in...yea...she had scarlet fever. Scarlet fever is basically untreated strep!! nice, huh!! Listen to mommy instinct...always!!

Sara said...

Sounds like lots of thanfulness :)

Naomi Haverland said...

Oh my gosh! I am so sorry you guys are in the dumps! I don't blame you for not having blogged much... Becca and your mother on the other hand- they better have an excuse.