Tuesday, April 28, 2009

God's Writing Our Adoption Story

Okay, so my title gives away our big news, but we want to give God all the glory for all He is doing! If I started at the beginning this post would look more like a novel. So here is the cliff notes version. It has been about a two year journey of miscarriages and medical testing, heartache and healing, stubbornness and submission, waiting and praying. We clung to a promise from God that our joy would be made complete with the second. The hard part of a promise is that it's God's promise, to fulfill at His timing, in His own way! The best part of a promise from God is that He always 100% of the time fulfills His promises! There is much, much more to our story than I have written and maybe someday I'll post it here, but for now here is where we are in the process:

Application Accepted- Check
Homestudy Approval- Check
16 Hours State Required Training- Check
Birth Mother Book- Check
Waiting for Match- yep, here is where we are... waiting.... still waiting...

4 comments:

Sara said...

WOW! I'm so happy--this will be in my prayers as well--are you going international or local? I can't wait to hear more :)

Naomi Haverland said...

This is very exciting! I am so glad we are getting to be involved with this process because it is so so cool. That night when you guys came over, and we talked about the whole process, I hope we didn't ask too many questions. The next day, when we went to church, it was "adoption" Sunday, and we were again exposed to the awesomeness of adoption. I can't wait to see what God does next!

Stacy said...

I wondered what was going on!!! I just had this feeling, everytime I came on your blog that something was happening...that may sound weird - but whenever I was here I just prayed for another baby for you!! Can't wait to be part of this from afar!! I love you and will be praying for you!!

One Time With Aimee said...

woo hoo!!!!