Friday, March 26, 2010

It's Official


The above pictures is our copy of the Final Decree of Adoption. On September 15, 2009 Corinna entered our hearts. On September 16,2009 Corinna entered our home. Today March 26, 2010 Corinna Lynne Bennett entered our family forever! We loved her when we first saw her in the hospital, we loved when we entered the court room to finalize, and we loved her leaving the court house. It was all very official and formal. We had to raise our right hands and swear that our testimony was truthful. After answering a series of questions the magistrate decreed the adoption final! It was all so simple yet the meaning behind this piece of paper is very profound. And before I share some pictures from our day let me share with you what I want to always remember when I look back at this day.

The teary eyes of my mother when we walked into the court house. She looked just like the day we brought Corinna home for the first time, only this time her eyes seem to say welcome to the family.

Tim pushing Corinna around the mall in the stroller. He was one proud and protective daddy today.

Elise singing to Corinna "You are a Bennett- it's official" over and over on the car ride home.

Holding my sweet baby girl tonight as she fell asleep in my arms knowing today only gave me a piece of paper to prove what my heart has always known to be true Corinna Lynne Bennett is my daughter.

5 comments:

Matt and Lara said...

Congratulations, Bennett family! We are thrilled with you. Your family is just beautiful in the pictures.

The AB club said...

There's an auntie in CA with tears. So happy for you you!!

Stacy said...

I second Becca...and I'm not even related and I have tears of joy and excitement for you...from one mom to another! (no matter how the babies arrive!)

One Time With Aimee said...

tears here too....

Donna Mc said...

Congratulations!!! (I'm Naomi's Aunt Donna.) I am so happy for y'all. Corinna has a birthday in Sept, but now she also has another special day her'gotcha day' - March 26th...(which I think is pretty special since it's my b'day.)

May your household always be filled with little girl giggles, and lots of love, laughter & joy. God bless you all!
Donna Mc