Monday, August 16, 2010

Kindergarten Denial

We filled out paper work...
We bought school supplies...
We bought school clothes....
We went to meet your teacher night....
and somehow I failed to process the fact that our first born was really starting kindergarten. So today August 16, 2010 I dropped Elise off for her first day of Kindergarten. I was a little teary as I left her sitting at her desk in her classroom. I thought I was fine until I had to drive away. I was less than a block away when this mama lost it. There was so much emotion that just came flooding at me all at once. I am hopeful that by the time she reaches first grade I'll be fine with the whole kindergarten thing.... maybe.
And let's just continue the denial by not talking about how we will have a one year old in a month!

4 comments:

Betty's Blocks said...

Elise looks so grown up. You look like a good student. Grandma

The AB club said...

4 years until you do it all over again.

Stacy said...

Girl! I've been there...as we all have. It took me a couple of months to come out of my kindergarten fog. This year Tyler will be in 5-day preschool (Transition to Kindergarten). I think I'll be reentering that fog! Hang in there.

Sara said...

which school is she attending? She looks so very cute, as alwasy!