Friday, September 5, 2008

Elise's Prayer

To say Elise is obsessed with babies is an understatement. With so many friends either pregnant or just having babies Elise talks about babies constantly. Recently she asked me why we don't have a baby. I gave her the only explanation that would satisfy a 3 1/2 year old mind. "Mommy can't have a baby in her tummy again, only God knows why, and only He knows if we will have another baby. You can do what mommy and daddy do and pray for baby." So later that day when I asked her to put on her shoes, she told me to wait she had to pray for a baby. What happened next made me cry. She hopped up on the couch bowed her folded her hands, bowed her head, closed her eyes and prayed, "Dear God, thank you for this day and thank you for baby. Please let us have a baby. Amen."

7 comments:

The AB club said...

How did you ever recover from that? That is so cute. And it's our prayer too.

Sara said...

From her lips to God's ears :) And I'll echo it all the way.

Naomi Haverland said...

That almost made me cry too. By the way she started her prayer, it sounds like she believes in the promise too.

One Time With Aimee said...

Amen and amen.

Stacy said...

ugh. what a heart-tugger. I love all their little prayers, they are so much more sincere than ours. I will pray along with her.

Sarah said...

Okay, you all now I am going to cry. Thanks for all your prayers!

Timmay!! said...

That's my girl!!!