Tuesday, September 9, 2008

First Days of Preschool





















Tuesday was Elise's first day of preschool alone. We went last Thursday for orientation and I got to stay with her. She enjoyed playing with the dolls and making friends while I and the other moms got last minute instructions and tips for the up coming year.
There were a few expected and unexpected things about Elise's first day. I expected Elise to be excited and she was VERY excited. She could hardly sit still to eat breakfast and I am sure I gave the same instructions at least 100 times. I expected that Elise wouldn't cry and she gave me a hug and kiss then went to join her class. I expected that I wouldn't cry, but well at least I made it to my car before breaking down. As I watched Elise through a little window she suddenly seemed so small. She is growing so fast and doing so many "big girl" things that is was totally unexpected to see her sitting there in class looking small. It also unexpectedly hit me that I was leaving my 3 1/2 year old with complete strangers. Suddenly 3 did not seem old enough to be going to preschool.

5 comments:

One Time With Aimee said...

Aww, but look how beautiful she is!! That is awesome!

Naomi Haverland said...

I LOVE her crayon dress. It is so cute- and perfect for a first day of school.

Stacy said...

I understand...completely!! I didn't put Tyler in school this year because I couldn't handle all 3 being gone all the time...couldn't do it...we'll try next year!

Sara said...

funny the things that make them look small again--if you need something to keep you busy when she's in school, give me a call :)

Sara said...

update!! (please :) )