Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Anticipation

Tomorrow is a very special day... Corinna's first birthday! When Tim and I were talking about her birthday, I realized that the eve of her birthday held something special... the call. The call we had been anticipating. Around 9pm Monday September 14th, 2009 the call came that our birth Mom was in labor. I knew the minute my cell phone rang that night it was the call we had been anticipating. We weren't expecting the call for another week, so there was some rushing around packing everyone up before we could hit the road for Alamosa, Colorado. We were so nervous we wouldn't make it in time for her arrival, but thanks to my lead-footed husband we made it in record time. We made it with plenty of time to wait..... anticipate.... and wait some more. Corinna wouldn't make her arrival into the world until about lunch time the next day, but I'll talk more about that tomorrow. Here are a few pictures of what that night of anticipation held for Tim and I.

1 comment:

Sara said...

and we are so thankful that call came and that she's now a part of your family! Happy birthday, beautiful Bennett girl!