Monday, June 30, 2008

No Nap... Not Yet

As I sit her typing Elise is upstairs "sleeping" as least that was the plan, but all I hear are little bumps and thumps. How can this happen?
It all started yesterday after church, I put Elise down for her afternoon nap and well this is how it went:

Elise: Mom I'm not sleepy.
Mom: Elise try and take a rest anyway you body needs it. (ie your mom and dad need it)

20 minutes later...
Elise: Mom I have to go potty.
Mom: Okay, go, but then straight back to bed.

30 minutes later...
(from downstairs)
Sarah: I don't think Elise has slept during her afternoon nap.
Tim: Really?!?
Sarah: Yes, can't you hear her up there playing?
Tim: Is that the bumps I keep hearing.
Sarah: YES.

Surprisingly she was very good the rest of the afternoon and evening. Only when she was told it was bed time did she put up a fuss (which was not a pretty site). I thought for sure she would take a great nap today after not having one yesterday. Can she really drop her nap so easily? Without warning? I am not ready for nap time to be coming to an end.

1 comment:

The AB club said...

Elise is 3 1/2 now, right? Elias was 4 when he dropped his nap and Emma was 3 3/4. I imagine this won't last long and she'll go back to needing naps. My flip flopped (no nap for a week and then needed them consistantly). I bet you'll get a good nap tomorrow though.