Monday, June 2, 2008

Power Lab

Today was our first day of VBS! Elise missed the cut off age by one month, so she is in the nursery doing a modified version of the program. She got a t-shirt, to do a craft, have snack, watch a video, and jump in a bounce house. So far I think she likes it. I was a crew leader. To be honest I almost didn't sign up due to Elise missing the cut off age, but decided that if I volunteered I could A: meet some people at our new church and B: Elise would get to participate for free! I was a little disappointed to learn I would be a crew leader which meant more responsibility and less time for getting to know people. Thankfully God sees the bigger picture and allowed me to see that VBS isn't about me meeting and making some new friends, its about Him and His children and what He has planned for THEM this week. So God taught me today that " Jesus gives me the power to be thankful" (KA POW!) "Always be thankful." Colossians 3:15. I am looking forward to our week long Power Lab VBS and to watching children learn, understand and grow in what is means to "Discover Jesus' Miraculous Power" and what it means to me as well.














Elise would not put on her t shirt at VBS not sure why. So after a good afternoon nap I told her if she put her t-shirt on and let me take a nice picture of her, I would let her take a picture of me wearing my t-shirt.








5 comments:

Sara said...

New church??

The AB club said...

Yeah, Sarah, where are you doing VBS?

Way to volunteer. I was so glad I had already been asked and accepted a small group leader postition for our summer Biblestudy, when the children's coordinator asked me to help her out. I told Alex the other day "I don't like kids". After his questioning glance I qualified that I like my kids and my nieces and nephews but that's it. I guess God is still working on me.

ps: nice picture taking by Elise. She must get it from her Grandpa Bennet.

One Time With Aimee said...

Love the 2nd picture of Elise! :)

Naomi Haverland said...

I think you should say "KA POW" after everything you say from now on. It would make you really cool.
In response to what Becca said: Matt has said the same thing. He says he only likes his own and kids and SOMETIMES his nieces and nephews. But... Sarah is a better person than Becca and Matt (and me).

The AB club said...

Matt, SOMETIMES?!? How could any one only love my kids SOMETIMES? Well, except for me because I have to deal with them all day long, so at the end of the say I'm allowed to love them sometimes.