Friday, June 27, 2008

Swim Lessons and Life Lessons


Today was the end of a beginning. Elise completed her first swim lessons... well her first swim lesson where I wasn't in the water with her! Elise is 3 (going on four) and is concerned with everything BIG. She can't wait for summer to be over to start preschool. She can't wait for her next happy birthday with she will proudly be 4. While Elise can't wait to be big, Tim and I are can't figure out how to slow, stop or even rewind time. I am not sure why, but the older Elise gets the more nostalgic I get for a toddling toddler, who knew more animal sounds than real words, for a baby who was always in the 5th percentile for height and weight, but had a belly which hid a watermelon, for hair so dark with a single Elvis wave, it looked so cute pulled into a sprout on top. Ah so many,many things I miss. I would not change who she is now or who she is becoming, but why dose she have to be getting there so fast?

1 comment:

The AB club said...

Ahhh, you're making me miss those days too. I love the swimming picture. You need to come out here and show off her swimming skills in our pool.